For His Glory Outreach Video

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Roller Coaster...

The adoption process has been such an emotional roller coaster already! Since making the decision to adopt Aliyah and Christéla, we have seen Christéla stay in the hospital longer than expected... just to get out for a short time and have to return. We have faced financial expenses (both directly related to the adoption, and some unexpected major car repairs) that have been overwhelming. We have seen pictures of Aliyah with a large abscess on her forehead... and learned that she has Sickle Cell Trait (which normally would not even be a consideration, but because of the altitude we live at, she may face some significant effects from it... and then again, she may be just fine).

Just over two months ago we had met with Linda, the director of the orphanage, for the first time and I had been concerned about whether I could love a child we adopted as much as I love my biological children. That question has so clearly been answered! There are nights when I lay awake just longing to hold them and comfort them - especially when I know they are sick or in the hospital. I just lay there and pray for them, that Jesus will comfort them. That He will hold them and care for them right now while I can't. I know that this whole process will bring me closer to Him - and for that I'm thankful... but I must say that it is certainly difficult having my heart in two places and longing for the day our girls come home!

An update on our progress:
Our dossier is almost complete... Our home study should be complete by the end of the month. Once it is complete, we will take everything to Denver to have it all State Certified... and then send it off for translation... We are hoping to have our dossier to Haiti in September...

1 comment:

Katy said...

Perfect way to describe the sometimes scary, wonderful, exhausting but rewarding journey to adoption from Haiti.. Glad to have you with us, your girls are so precious! Praying as you complete your dossier.