For His Glory Outreach Video

Monday, October 13, 2008

Paper Baby #1 in the mail


It's been a while since I've had a chance to update our blog... I've been so busy finishing up our dossier, filling out more grant applications, and getting ready for another fundraiser, that I haven't had time to blog. But, here's an update:


On Friday (Oct 10), I mailed Paper Baby #1 to CCI (our adoption agency). It weighed in at 9 pounds, 3 ounces worth of paper about Keith and I and our family... this dossier will be used in Haiti for Aliyah's adoption.


We are compliling a seperate dossier for Christéla... but I had one document for hers come back from the Haitian Consulate without the seal it needed... so, I had to send it back to them. When I get it from them, I'll make 4 copies of all of it and send three copies plus the original to CCI and keep one copy for us. This will be Paper Baby #2.... and once it is mailed, everything will be out of our hands for a while.


We have an updated photo of Christéla for October... her hair is starting to come back in and she still has that beautiful smile! We haven't gotten one of Aliyah yet... but I'll post it as soon as we get it.

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Precious.

Did they cut her hair so it would all be even?

The Karr Family said...

Yes... they decided that the mohawk was too much! :) And decided that since the sides were starting to come back in, they would shave it all off and let it all come in together. I'm looking forward to seeing a head full of little braids some day!