For His Glory Outreach Video

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Savior Lives

Earlier today a good friend asked me how I'm doing. She knows that leaving our girls in Haiti was extremly hard... and that for a while I was so emotional I couldn't even pray - I would just cry.

Well, when she asked that, she got a LONG email back... :) I basically have been in a funk since returning... feeling like we would NEVER get our girls home... feeling like it is hopeless. Feeling like, with the new proceedure for getting Presidential Dispensation (that we need b/c we have bio kids) will take us forever and our girls will be in school before they come home...

This afternoon I decided I HAD to do something to start getting out of this funk... it is OK to want our girls home... it is OK to be sad at times... but, at some point I needed to do something to start pulling myself back up so that I can be a good mommy to my boys too! I decided to go get on the treadmill and listen to the worship music I have downloaded... This song (which is probably playing right now) came on... and it hit me - MY SAVIOR LIVES!!! ...Our God will reign forever... darkness trembles at His name... victory forever is the song of the redeemed... I know that is what I have to stand on. Jesus loves my girls, Aliyah and Christéla, so much more than I can even try. So, I choose to stand on the fact that Jesus is in control - and He will somehow make a way. I'm praying for a miracle! Right now it seems to be taking about 2+ years to complete an adoption in Haiti... and from what we are hearing it may take a year or two to even get the abandonment decree to start the process for Christéla... but, MY SAVIOR LIVES - and darkness trembles at HIS name. I pray that the forces of darkness that would want to keep my girls in Haiti will have no control over our process but that Christ will make a way for them in HIS time (still hoping HIS time is sooner rather than later though! :))

Verse1:
Our God wil reign forever
And all the world will know His name
Everyone together sing the song of the redeemed

Chorus:
I know that my redeemer lives
And now I stand on what He did
My Saviour, my Saviour lives
Every day a brand new chance to say
"Jesus, You are the only way"
My Saviour, my Saviour lives

Verse2:
The King has come from Heaven
And darkness trembles at His name
Victory forever is the song of the redeemed
Chorus:
I know that my redeemer lives
And now I stand on what He did
My Saviour, my Saviour lives
Every day a brand new chance to say
"Jesus, You are the only way"
My Saviour, my Saviour lives

Bridge:
My Saviour lives, My Saviour lives, My Saviour lives
My Saviour lives, My Saviour lives, My Saviour lives

8 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

The wait is hard. Hold on.

The girls have beautiful smiles.

Unknown said...

Praying for you!!!

Unknown said...

It's actually Jodie, not Mark ... I'm on the wrong account :)

Julie said...

Trusting you will always find comfort in His arms and the strength to press on.
Still praying----

Chantelle said...

I just happened upon your blog in my search for info on Celebrate Children International. How can I email you to find out more? Is there an email link somewhere here that I'm missing?

Thanks and God bless...

Unknown said...

I continue to pray! You are precious to us....all of you. We want the girls to be home too! In the meantime, we will all rest (?) in the sovereignty of the Lord with you!

Katy said...

I am praying for you and your girls....I know how hard it is...don't lose hope. I know the pain some days feels overwhelming, but God won't leave us in this journey.

faithlikethat said...

We are praying with you, for you to get those beautiful girls home. We fight the good fight together...
You are being poured out like a drink offering for our Savior's glory and we all watch in amazement at your strength in the Lord. My heart is broken for you guys, but I too know, "Our Savior Lives!" and he loves that you have chosen to look after orphans, something near and dear to His heart. I pray darkness will be pushed back in His mighty name and His little girls in Haiti will be reunited with their mama and daddy soon.
Love you,
Jen