For His Glory Outreach Video

Friday, January 16, 2009

Going to Haiti!

Well, yesterday we got the great news that we can travel to Haiti to sign our I-600 for Aliyah! We are very excited to go see both our girls! We will travel in March and have several days with our girls staying with us at the hotel! (at least as we understand it...). We will also be at the orphanage some, which I'll enjoy - time to hold and love on some of the other kids there and hopefully get some pictures for friends of their children. I'm so excited to have this time to get to know our girls more. We only had about 10 minutes with Christéla when we were there in June - and she was still so weak - we are praying she is healthy when we are there and we get to see the personality God has given her! Also, when we were in Haiti in June, Aliyah wasn't feeling well either - and I only saw her beautiful, big smile once... so, I'm so looking forward to spending time with her when she is feeling better and getting a glimpse into who God has created her to be as well!

For those that are wondering, we can't sign this paperwork for Christéla's adoption until we have an abandonment decree from the government. Since we don't know how long that will take, we decided to go ahead and travel now for Aliyah's... we'll need to do another trip like this at some point in the future for Christéla's process. If we aren't in IBESR yet with Aliyah's adoption, then we'll have the opportunity to also participate in the "AOF" program... which, if it works right, will hopefully speed up her immigration process at the end, allowing us to bring her home sooner. So, please pray God's will in this... if we are in IBESR by the time we travel in March, I don't think we are supposed to do AOF... so, we are just trusting that God will work it out for the best!

4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I hope to go on the 19th with my daughter Jasmine who is 7.

Jodie said...

I'm going the first week. I'm so glad you get to go!

Lisa said...

YEAH!!! So exciting that you'll be able to travel in March. We're going on the first week of the trip.

The Karr Family said...

We are going the second week - which has now been extended for a day (at least for those of us that actually need to sign I-600s)... so, maybe we'll get to meet you Kathy! Wish we could be there with Jodie, Lisa and our other friends traveling the first week - but, this is what seemed to work for everyone since we need to sign. :) We are very excited! (And, I'm already sad to have to leave... and hand my girls back... and I'm not even there yet! Lord, give me strenght and comfort when that time comes!)